Some miscellaneous pieces from the past year than I never posted for one reason or another. They’re not doing me any good just sitting on the ol’ HDD, though, right? I’m probably forgetting a few things.
1. A spread for Entertainment Weekly about a series of set visits in London. Featuring Brad Pitt, Chris Hemmsworth, Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer, Lily James, Nicole Kidman, Ron Howard, Paddington Bear, and the writer, Clarke Collis.
2. The back cover for Winger, by Andrew Smith, from Simon and Schuster. I did some interior comics as well. The cover is a photographic version of this, based on a sketch that I did. Very strange.
3. Private Network, for Network World magazine. About businesses building their own proprietary networks rather than relying completely on the cloud. This is the last cover for the print magazine, which went fully digital immediately after. Turns out the shark in the water was a bit of a premonition.
4. A piece for The New Republic about what Michael Bloomberg is going to do now that he’s no longer Mayor. Word is that he’s going to be headed back to work at his newspaper, The Bloomberg View, which is a little strange.
5. Lastly, another poster for Streetlight Manifesto featuring the same cast of characters from the previous one. I think this went unused.
I felt like I didn’t do a ton of work this year, just taking into account the single, finished pieces I completed. Have to remind myself that I also wrote and drew and self-published a 40 page comic and drew around 120 backgrounds for Steven Universe.